Sunday, October 10, 2010

Those weird Skittles commercials.




I'm sure you've seen those weird Skittles commercials at the movies. Like the one with human heads on the bodies of sheep, talking to one another.

I don't know about you, but those commercials leave me feeling a little uncomfortable. Talking human heads on sheep? Ugh!

Well, I just figured that those commercials were the result of abuse of medical marijuana and therefore appealed to the younger crowd. But I was wrong. I recently attended a party hosted by one of my favorite Firefighter/EMTs attended by a bunch of very cool career and volunteer Firefighters/EMTs. It was at this party that I was introduced to Skittles and Vodka.

Skittles and Vodka?!?

Yep.

Here's the recipe:
  • Buy a bunch of Skittles
  • Separate by color
  • Buy a bunch of Vodka
  • Pour said Vodka into canning jars
  • Add the Skittles, (still separated by color)
  • Set in freezer
  • Send out a party invite to Firefighters/EMTs
  • Serve
Oh my. I can attest that the red Skittles (and Vodka) tastes a lot like high test cough syrup. That's not a good thing. I had to wash the Skittles and Vodka cough syrup down with a couple bottles of beer. Sort of like a psychedelic Boiler Maker.

The world got a little woozy and I'm pretty certain that I had a good time. I KNOW the host had a good time as his Facebook entry the next morning state, and I quote "It's 8 AM, I woke up drunk, can't find my pants, and my bed is full of sticks, mud, and orange skittles....I guess last night went well"

Yep, last night went well, but I'll still feel a little weird watching those Skittles commercials. Think I'll leave those commercials, and the cough syrup, to the younger crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment