Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Coach's Challenge

So, this is an interactive blog. It includes a pop quiz at the end which you can answer either via comment on the blog or email your answer to me. I'll compile the answers and add them to the blog at a later date.

Okay, let's lay the groundwork for the pop quiz.

A grandson is playing soccer this fall. He has a Saturday game scheduled for 9:00. In the morning. His doting, loyal grandparents get up early on a Saturday morning because we love him THAT much! Drive up the the game in Maryland, only to find out that there was a mix up in the schedule and the game is not until 10:30.

The parents of the soccer players are wondering what the plan is to kill an hour and a half because, you know, they got up on a Saturday morning as well. Can the kids grab an unused field and practice a little bit? If not that, maybe a little pep talk from the coach? Heck, do the 9-10 year old kids drink coffee yet? The parents sure do, at 9:00 Saturday morning.

One of the Moms, wondering about the coach's response to the schedule snafu, walks up to the coach and asks what to do.

The coach replies, and I quote "It's a free country, do what you want".

Okay, here's the pop quiz.

The Mom's eyes get a little wide, she looks the coach in the eye and says:

"_______________"

YOU get to fill in the blank!!!

What would YOU have said to the coach?

Let me know and I'll compile the answers and publish them. At least the ones that can be published. I've already filled in the answer that cannot be published on a family blog.

5 comments:

  1. From a couple of soccer moms, perhaps first generation Italian: "Capisco – tu-sei un cretino e un asino"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I would have told the coach that ‘yes it is a free country and I was going home and back to bed and to let me know the correct time for the next weeks game’ "

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'd have told the coach where to put his soccer ball, I suppose!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fine. Kids, let's tie Coach to the goal and use him as target practice."

    ReplyDelete